I've given up Windows computers, except for web surfing and email. Palmtop computers and pocket organisers contain all my critical information. These are notes on pocket computers I've used since 1990, plus background material on related topics.
As an aside, the handheld was invented in the Middle East several thousand years ago, by Sumerian merchants who needed a way to keep track of their goods. While clay tablets had limited data storage, the basic shape and user interface was very similar to today's handheld computers, right down to the size and shape of the stylus. Peter da Silva.
Palmtop Computers - Pocket Computers and Organisers
- Palmtop notes
- Notes and reviews of palmtop computers and accessories I have used.
- Palmtop list
- List and specifications of many older palmtop computers.
- Compare Operating Systems
- List and specifications of some selected palmtop operating systems.
- Buying a Palmtop advice
- Some factors I look at in palmtops before buying.
- Palmtop design advice
- What I look for in a palmtop design.
- Psion pages
- Psion palmtops are the ones I use. I have around 80 web pages relating to Psion Epoc systems.
An index page should contain an index to these pages, so here is one. Real Soon Now I'll explain what is in each file.
battery.htm advice about batteries
compare.htm operating systems and applications
design.htm palmtop design notes
futurepc.htm notes on a future PC
index.htm right here
lexicomp.htm Abstract Research LC8610 DOS palmtop review (obsolete)
mwrite.htm microwriter chorded keyboard (obsolete)
new110.htm Newton 110 PDA review (obsolete)
omni100.htmHewlett Packard OmniGo 100 palmtop review (obsolete)
palmbuy.htm how to decide what to buy
palmlist.htm historical list of palmtops
palmnote.htm notes on palmtops
pc3100.htm Sharp PC3100 DOS palmtop review (obsolete)
pdachips.htm some chips used in palmtops
pdasite.htm pda sites
power.htm power for palmtops
wearable.htm computers you wear
wince.htm some early Windows CE computers